Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Completing the Circumnavigation (Day 15-19)

Bianca and I wrapped up our week of Puerto Rico travels (and our circumvention of the island) with a stop by Ponce, my house, and Rincón. Here's a map of all the highlights in case you cared:

Ponce

Ponce provided us with a couple of very important things. First of all, it provided me with the first sparkly coffee of my life - I didn't know that's what I was getting until it arrived. It was a delightful shock.


Second, Ponce was just an usual place to walk around. The architecture is all over the place, and much of the streets were empty. It meant we could visit the major parks and squares with almost no one else to ruin our photos. It wasn't clear if the atmosphere was due to COVID, the late afternoon hour, or perhaps it is just the way the city is. Either way, it was nice to walk around the city unbothered by others.

                    



The third thing Ponce gave us was this video. While walking around the empty city square, the air was filled with a loud siren. It turned out to be a two-car parade of folks proselytizing to the pedestrians. I'd never seen quite such an operation.


I know, pretty impactful.

Home & Rincón

After Ponce, we headed to my house for some quality beach time and day trip to Rincón. Rincón is known for its sunsets and surfing waves. Since we weren't visiting in the right time of year for surfing, we just enjoyed the local views along with our 14th whipped cream cappuccino of the trip. Please enjoy more beautiful beach views and Bianca's mildly successful attempt to photobomb me.



No comments: