Friday, January 9, 2009

The Results of Poverty

Question: Did you know that students are poor? It's not a bad thing, it just forces us to be creative when it comes to means of entertainment. You often end up getting more for your money.

Opera: 6 Euros
One of the more cultured things I did on this trip was go to the opera. The three of us happened to get the last three seats together in the whole auditorium (turns out the worst three seats as well) for the opera Don Carlos. This opera seemed appropriate since we're living in Spain. As the opera was in Italian and the subtitles were in German, I can't say I understood a lot (luckily we had looked up the plot beforehand) but I definitely enjoyed it.









































English Movie: 7 Euros

Since we were on Christmas break, it only seemed appropriate to go see a movie. There happened to be one English theater in Frankfurt showing a variety of movies. I enjoyed the movie (Four Christmases) but what really made the experience was the fact that there were about 40 seats in the whole theater. So tiny!














Walking Tour: 10 Euros

There's no better way to see a city than a walking tour. They are so much fun! I recommend them. We got the history of the city, saw all the big sites, and walked almost the entire city in a couple of hours. Sounds good to me.




Having the time of your life: Priceless
For Everything Else: There's a parent with MasterCard (Just Kidding!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great post... except the end.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. this is my favorite blog to date. SO SO funny!

you make me laugh tristinn!