Thursday, September 2, 2010

Adventures!!

Even though Nickele and I have been here in Costa Rica just over a week, I feel like we’ve been here for months. We’ve done a LOT in that amount of time. The most notable thing probably has to be our weekend camping trip with the youth group. Even before we left the church we knew this was going to be interesting because it was definitely going to rain and it never rains lightly here in Monteverde. When it rains, it POURS.

We were not disappointed. It rained all night and when we woke up the next morning we were surrounded in mud. And of course, the camping trip would not be complete without traipsing out into the forest where we eventually did some jungle vine swinging and some waterfall swimming. Definitely an adventure to remember.

I also have to share a little about the family I live with. I live with a single mom named Yolanda, her 8-year-old son Fabian and another renter Ivan. Yolanda is a cook at one of the local restaurants and is very sweet. Fabian is like any other 8-year-old, very cute and VERY curious. I think he knows more about the things I owe than I do….And I suppose I can’t forget about the dog Toulouse. I have no idea where they got the name but every time I hear it I think of the movie The Aristocats.

No comments: