Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Spain Does Not Believe In Work





I have now officially been in Spain a month and this week is my first full week of school. Spain has already had two festivals and you get time off school for everything. They just don't believe in school work here. The first festival was October 4-5, Moros y Cristianos. This festival includes a large parade through the city on Saturday night and (in Sagunto) a finale scene between the Moors and the Christians at the castle on Sunday morning. The parade is super cool with lots of amazing costumes and animals (the only thing it was missing was the people who throw candy). The second festival was October 10-14. It's called Mercadillo Medieval. Sadly, I was gone on the school camping trip for this festival so I don't know much about it. All I know is that it includes a large medieval market where medieval clothes, food, etc. are sold. Sounds pretty awesome to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which are the Moors and which are the Christians in this parade?