Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lightening at the Castle



Today is Sunday!!

This afternoon, my new friend Cassie and I decided to walk into Sagunto again. This time I walked further into town and was able to see the local Catholic Church. Since almost this entire country is Catholic, there wasn't much in the way of shopping, which was ok.

Sagunto also has an old castle which is on top of the hill. Cassie and I were able to walk all the way up to the gate only to find out it was closed! It was at this point that the lightening started and the rain. And just in case you've never been to Europe, let me inform you that there isn't much in the way of drainage. It was kinda like walking in a fountain. The most exciting part was walking through the knee deep sewage-like muddy water under the freeway. Delightful!

One more thing, yesterday was a very special Sabbath because I recieved my luggage!! I've never been so happy to be in clean clothes in my whole life.

No comments: