Saturday, May 7, 2011

Party it uP

It’s difficult to get inspired to write a blog when you don’t have any pictures (My camera was part of the whole robbery fiasco). However I now have some pictures from my fellow volunteers and have been re-inspired to share with you.

My last month in Monteverde has been a hodge-podge mix of traveling and finishing up small projects at school. Nate, Calle and Daniel have officially taken over all teaching so Nickele and I have to wander around to find small projects to keep us occupied. We've been tutoring some newly arrived students who don't know English, making signs for the school, and organizing the library, a project which I started the first week I got to Costa Rica. We’ve also been trying to fill our free time with fun activities with our friends here since our time in Costa Rica is coming to an end. Here is a quick recap of the last month-ish:

Chillin at a student's pool with the other teachers.

Doing what we do best - lie in hammocks in Nicaragua.

Playing with the monkeys at our hostel in Nicaragua.

Nickele's friend Ashley got to come visit. We went to the beach and made a stop in Monteverde.

Ometepe Island, Nicaragua.

Nickele and I in our hostel with the duck of evil. Scariest animal ever.

Us at Ruben Dario's house. In case you didn't know, famous poet from Nicaragua. Had to beg to go take a picture at this house.

Just a normal breakfast on the steps of one of the many cathedrals in Leon, Nicaragua.

Swimming in the lagoon on Ometepe Island.

No comments: